MAC Writing Contest and Submission Rules
1. Entry Categories and page limits are as follows:
· Fiction/Fan Fiction- 10pages. 12pt. Double Spaced
· Poetry - 5 page limit.
· Play - 15 page limit. 12pt font
· Screenplay - 15 page limit. 12pt font
· Graphic Novel/Comic/Manga - 10 page limit.
2. No entry fee is required. All rights to the submission remain the property of the author.
3. To be eligible, Entrants must be 8th-12th Grade School age..
4. DEADLINE IS MAY 17, 2019. Submissions are only accepted electronically and in English. Click on Contact Icon to submit entries, with MAC CONTEST in Subject line along with entry category. Entrants must not submit personal photos. Each entry must have a cover page with Category, Title of the work, Author’s (authors) legal name (s) and/or pen name, City and State, telephone number, e-mail address, and number of pages. Visual and Audio submissions are not acceptable at this time.
5. Entrants will be notified via email that their work has been received. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Excessive violence, sex, nudity or harsh language determined by the judges, will result in disqualification. Entrants will be notified if their work has been disqualified.
6. Three monetary prizes are awarded in each category: First Prize of $100, Second Prize of $75, and Third Prize of $50, in US dollars. All winners will also receive certificates. Winners will be individually notified by phone or e-mail THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE 2019. Winners must agree to have their name/pen name, submission title, grade level and City/State publicly published on MAC Awards Website.
7. The Contest is open only to those who have not professionally published their entry in any medium. Professional publication is deemed to be payment of at least $20, or at least 50 copies distributed, or over 10,000 hits on Social Media.
8. Each entrant may submit only one work per category. Entrants who submit multiple works or entries in the same Contest category will be disqualified (this does not include Poetry submission). If submission is a collaboration between multiple participants, participants cannot have separate submissions in same category. This will result in disqualification.
9. All entries are final. No revisions are accepted. By submitting to the Contest, the entrant agrees to abide by all Contest and Submission rules. Previous non-winners are encouraged to participant. Previous non-winning submissions are unacceptable.
10. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.